Monday, August 24, 2015

Halfway there...


Today was radiation #14 with 14 left to go.  So far, it's been so much easier than chemo (knock wood!) that I don't mind the daily visits to the cancer center.   I had a bit of a rash early on, but Dr. Schulz said it looked like a reaction to one of the lotions I was using.  So much for my love affair with Aquaphor!  I'm now using Vanicream 2x a day and real aloe a third time and the rash seems better.

Unfortunately, this weekend I began to feel just generally yucky again.  The cording seems to be coming back.  And I'm tired... I'm very, very tired.  I'm feeling silly for not taking better advantage of the month where chemo was over and radiation had not yet hit me.

But I've done some fun stuff, including attending a few cookouts; having lunch/coffee/dinner/drinks with friends; walking and running; knitting groups during the daytime and nighttime.  My hair continues to come in.  I bought some temporary pink hair dye, but didn't really like the way it looked.  I'm enjoying having all the kids home for the last few weeks of summer.  And I'm gearing up for fall semester!


Not much new or exciting, but normal is kind of nice, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment