Saturday, January 11, 2020

Drivers needed

I have to start this post by thanking all of you who signed up for my BeTheMatch campaign and/or shared it on their social media or with friends and family. I posted the link at about 6:00 pm Thursday night and by Friday morning 46 people had registered through that link. Wow!

Knowing that I will almost certainly be starting another round of chemo next week, I've been trying to be as active as possible. I took two walks yesterday--almost adding up to 5K. I hope to keep walking outdoors as much as possible during treatment as well as biking indoors on the trainer.


And with Greg no longer being able to work mainly from home, the time has come to request help in the form of drivers. I have set up a Google Doc with the appointments I'll need drivers for, and room for people willing to be on-call (in case the driver who signs up wakes up sick or something), too. I added a place to let me know if you are around during the week and during the day for possible last minute walks, too! I don't want to link the Google Doc here, but I'll post it on my Facebook page (only viewable by friends) and if you're not on Facebook, feel free to email or text me and I'll give you the link as well.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. I hate that I'm not able to drive myself when Greg cannot, but I am too afraid of what the meds may do to my vision! As you'll see on the sign-up sheet, you don't have to stay with me for my appointments (although you can)--even just dropping me at the front of the Clinical Cancer Center would be most appreciated.

I have dates through my next cycle of chemo there now. I'll expand with additional days and times as I know of them.

Thank you all--so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment