Wednesday, July 8, 2015

11 of 12

Almost there...


This was a rough week.  The side effects are building each week and I hit a wall after last week's chemo.  I was queasy, horribly exhausted, my hands and feet were numb and painful, and I just was feeling sorry for myself.  I reached out to three of my breast cancer survivor friends, just wanting them to tell me it gets better!  And all three were wonderful and reassured me that yes, life *would* get better.  :)

OT has been really helpful, though the cording is quite persistent.  

Today my friend Rachel was my chemo companion.  We had a wonderful lunch at Cafe Corazon (my first time there), and had a great time catching up for the first time in years.

Labs still fine:
Platelets: 96 thou/mcL 
WBC: 2.5 thou/mcL
Abs. neut: 1.6 thou/mcL
Hemoglobin 9.7 gm/dL
 

Next week will (hopefully) be my last chemo, and I also meet with the Radiation Oncologist to discuss starting radiation.  Dr. Shah said I'll have 3-4 weeks off before I start, so with any luck, I'll be done with radiation by October.  Moving along...

No comments:

Post a Comment