Saturday, May 16, 2020

Day +11

Just a quick update for today.

It's been the hardest day so far.

I did decide to do the radiotherapy before meals. I think it helps some--bringing the mouth pain from toe-curling to just regular canker sore kind of pain.

I am taking oxycontin to help with the pain, too. Which makes me sleepy. I slept almost all day, barely getting up and three times trying to get out of bed, but falling asleep in the chair so I crawled back into bed.

I have no appetite so not only is eating painful, but it makes me gaggy. I try to put something in my belly so that my meds don't upset my stomach more, but it's tough. The staff here are so wonderful and supportive and recommend things and tell me that it's really hard, but I'm doing great and then remind me that this is all temporary.

I got my fourth (and final) methotrexate dose. I am scared of what side effects it may exacerbate, but I am also optimistic. Some people are too sick to receive the fourth dose and while I've got issues, I'm healthy enough to get it (which should provide additional protection against bad GVHD in the future).
Last dose of anything that requires use of the chemo gown and double gloves!

The highlight of my day was being able to attend Travis's virtual graduation from Macalester College. Congratulations, my son, on your BA in Mathematics with a minor in Linguistics. I am so proud of you!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Travis!! I'm sure you're so very proud of him! And so sorry that you're feeling so badly but glad you were able to get the methotrexate and you'll be on the upswing soon. Hang in there! You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete