Friday, May 8, 2020

Day +3

Today was a generally "meh" kind of day.

My counts actually went up a tiny bit, but since they are already so low, they are within the margin of error, so not real increases. So I'm tired from that.

I'm also starting to get some of the side effects predicted--namely I think the beginnings of mucositis. It's not terrible--really just more annoying than anything, and while I don't hurt, I just don't feel "right."

The combination of feeing not-quite-right and being very tired made for a long day.

But I have now been here for nine days. I received the second (of 4) methotrexate administrations, and I keep checking off boxes. On my walking laps today, I saw at least two new patients were admitted and I have a neighbor now. I'm recognizing the nurses and CNAs from the entire floor and not just the ones assigned to me. I'm not bored, as I packed enough knitting, have plenty of podcasts to listen to, and spend lots of time scrolling through social media. I feel very useless, but I also feel like my brain is pretty foggy and I'm not sure I could be useful at all if I even had something to be useful about!

I'm still walking (although slower, and slightly fewer laps), biking (shorter times, as my legs get tired), and eating ok (although my appetite  has dropped somewhat). All of the staff assures me that I am strong and doing great and that I am quite "normal" in what I'm experiencing. I never thought I'd be so happy to be normal!

The view from my bike

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great!!! It’s not going to be easy, but you can do this!

    ReplyDelete