Thursday, October 1, 2020

Time for the big guns!

When I checked into the hospital last week, I was told that I would likely start to feel the effects of the chemo on Day 7.  They were right!

Last night I just felt generally yucky. My nose was runny and my head was stuffed up. I expected to have a low grade fever (I can usually tell when my temp is in the 99's) and I did--which meant that I had to be monitored more closely all night. They stopped the steroids, so I am having a bit of a steroid dip. My stomach isn't terribly upset, but it's just not right. And I am just exhausted! Today it was difficult to even sit up in bed--I was a puddle. All of this is to be expected, so no concerns. You just forget how cruddy it is until it hits you again.

I didn't need any blood products today (my hemoglobin even ticked up a bit on its own), and my liver function tests continue to drop. Unfortunately my blast percentage inched up a little more again. Dr. Carlson said not to worry--that tomorrow's Lintuzimab is what should knock things out.

So that brings me to tomorrow. This is it! If you light candles, send positive light, pray, whatever, then I can use all your directed energy tomorrow afternoon. The tentative plan is for me to get pre-meds about 1:00 tomorrow afternoon, then go down to nuclear medicine with a dedicated nurse to monitor my vitals. I'll theoretically start the half hour infusion at 1:30 (depends on exactly when the med is mixed), and will be monitored closely for at least 90 minutes. In preparation for the infusion, they'll start IV fluids at midnight tonight (the lintuzimab is hard on kidneys) and I'll have them throughout the infusion and through tomorrow night. It'll be a long day, and I expect I'll still be feeling pretty icky (much like today). But I am excited to get this part done so I can start my recovery from it. 

Thank you again for all your well wishes. I plan to kick it big time tomorrow afternoon and hopefully get through to the other side. I know it won't be easy even after this infusion, but it's what needs to be done. Let's go!




No comments:

Post a Comment