Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Sick.

I had somehow managed to make it through most of the winter without getting sick (Well, other than that pesky cancer sickness, that is).  So I was unpleasantly surprised to find that I'd succumbed to some virus this weekend.  I was still somewhat in denial, thinking it was just chemo yuckies until yesterday at work.  I actually considered closing my office door and curling up in a ball on the hard floor to nap for even ten minutes.  By the time I got home, I could barely crawl up the stairs and fall into bed, I was so tired.  And then the chills came, and the cough, and runny nose.  Ugh, ugh, ugh!

Today I drugged myself up with DayQuil and made it to work.  And I'm glad I did!  I love tutoring--being able to work one-on-one with the students.  And my steroid-induced hunger was quite appeased by the GOBS of snack foods around for a going-away party.  Best of all, working a 5 hour day is much easier than a 9 hour day.

I'm still feeling pretty crappy, with a runny nose, sore and swollen throat, cough, and general exhaustion, but I'm hoping this is a relatively minor cold.  I'm not sure what the whole immuno-compromised chemo thing will do to the duration (and the effect) of this cold, but I do know to watch for a fever over 100 as a sign of infection.  I'm planning to rest and sleep it off as best I can. Wednesdays are my chemo days, and since I had chemo last week, tomorrow is a completely free day off!  Better yet, it's Greg's Spring Break week, so he'll be home to wait on me.  :)

~~~~~
On the (mostly) bright side, I saw Dr. Sterkin this afternoon and finally was able to be expanded!  Hooray, I kinda almost have breasts again.  :)   I say "mostly" bright side because <whine, whine> now I have chest pain/pressure once more.  But it's okay, really.  I'm excited to try out the new breasts wearing something girly to go to The Decemberists concert tomorrow night.  Yay for date night!

For now, however, I'm going to curl up in bed and catch up on Sister Wives.


1 comment:

  1. triple your fluids....hope you feel better soon. Your counts should be hitting bottom in the next few days, no? So you may just need to lay low and pamper yourself.

    ReplyDelete