Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Two down!

That's two down, 14 to go!  :)

I started the day with a run in beautiful, sunny 40 degree weather.  I was doing pretty good for my first mile, too.  And as I was turning around to head back, another runner who I think I recognize as a WFB mom, goaded persuaded me to keep going. So I ran about another quarter mile with her until I couldn't do it and turned around.  End result: 1.9 miles in 22:23 minutes and energy to get me through the rest of the day.

Travis was my chemo companion today, and the poor guy was subject to every person at the Cancer Center saying they could certainly tell that he was my son.  I don't know--I just don't see it ;)

Perhaps funnier yet was Dr. Shah's surprise that he's only 16 years old.  She thought he was home from college.  He was a great sport and we managed to get four games of cribbage in, although we had to squeeze onto the little pop-up shelf on the recliner.

My blood counts had rebounded nicely!  I guess the Neulasta really works.

Hemoglobin 10.5 gm/dL
Platelet Count 105 thou/mcL
White Blood Cells 8.9 thou/mcL
(and I only gained 0.1 lb since last week)

This treatment (so far, at least) went almost exactly like the last one.  I got the same headache about 5 minutes from the end of the cytoxan infusion and it's still with me.  Tylenol dulled the pain a bit, but I didn't feel quite well enough to drive an hour and a half to pick out Mira's new crested gecko, so Greg drove and I went along for the ride.  Meet Taiyoko-Sen (means "sun beam," which s/he kind of looks like):








So all is well here and I joyfully ripped off the second purple link from the chemo chain.


No comments:

Post a Comment