Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Recovery continues

Moving right along...

Today's been a great healing day.  As I've previously complained about (here and here and here and here), I have the never-ending cording issue in my right armpit.  My OT, Audrey, told me last week that I had won the award for most persistent cording she's ever worked with.  Yay, me!    Cording is a build-up of lymphatics that presents as (of course) a cord.  Audrey said that it usually gradually improves, but sometimes she's heard of it just releasing and that it's not painful or dangerous when it releases--it's just a rare occurrence    So I've been doing my stretches and exercises and massages religiously, and it seemed like the cording was getting a little less intense, but it was hard to tell. This morning I was getting ready for work when I reached down and felt/heard a snap.  I instantly felt my right armpit and yay! it appears that the main cord released.  I actually had about four cords in the same area, so it's not 100% better, but it is so very much better that I nearly cried.

This afternoon I had another appointment with the plastic surgeon and he removed the stitches from the repair surgery and said I'm healing wonderfully.  I am clear (as long as my blood counts are fine) to start chemo tomorrow!

~~~~~

Finally, I've had some time to work on the recovery cardigan since I've been home a lot.  There's good and bad news about it.  The good news is that I'm done with ALL the knitting and just need to do some sewing of seams and LOTS of weaving in ends before I can wear it.  The bad news is that the pattern was inaccurate in the amount of yarn needed.  The last thing you knit is the collar, which stretches the entire length of the below-the-knee cardigan. And I ran out of one of the four colors needed for the stripes on the collar.  What's more annoying, I have two entire skeins of other colors that were extra.  I'm not very happy with Lion Brand Yarn right now, because even if I had gone to buy more of that particular color (it's "cilantro" in case anyone is curious), it would not be the same dye lot and would likely look even worse.  So I remedied it by knitting half as many rows of "cilantro" as all the other colors in the collar.  It remains to be seen how it all ends up looking, but I also wrote Lion Brand Yarn an email, explaining my utter disappointment after all the time invested in this project.



1 comment:

  1. Yeah! One down 3 to go! Glad it's better. Sucks about the cilantro!

    ReplyDelete