Thursday, February 12, 2015

Things that made me happy today



I was cranky on Monday, learning that chemo was postponed and I'd need to have another surgery to fix my first surgery.  But there's been a lot of good stuff happening lately, too.  Here are just a few from today:


*Finding out that my hemoglobin went from 7.6 mg/dL to 9.2 mg/dL in eight days!

*Sending out an opportunity to all three of my former PH101 classes and hearing back from a few of my very favorite former students who just wanted to fill me in on their lives and ask how I'm doing

*Stumbling on chicken thighs on sale for 59 cents a pound so I could make a big batch of chicken broth from the cookbook The Cancer Fighting Kitchen (as recommended by my friend Amy) to stash in the freezer for later

*Going to daytime knitting where one of my friends brought along her daughter and 7 month old granddaughter.  I got to sit across from baby Wynn and make faces, wave, and "talk" with her!  Fills up my baby-loving tank, which was running a little low.

*Finding a really good KFC copycat coleslaw recipe to make for supper

*Making it through the night without night sweats (first time since surgery)

*Getting my incision repair surgery scheduled for next week Wednesday (the order had gotten lost somehow, so it's a good thing I called; scheduled for 5:30 pm, but better than not at all)

*Looking forward to starting my new job tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for all of the above! I will be making "magic" broth in solidarity this weekend!

    ReplyDelete