Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Who needs Xanax when you have friends?

Well, I made it through 4 1/2 hours at the hospital, doing tests.  That included an injection for the bone scan, drinking an awful lot of liquid for the CT scan with contrast, both tests, and some lab stuff. I guess you can't do the MUGA on the same day as the bone scan, as the radioactive materials used in both are similar enough that you don't get clear pictures.  So I have to schedule that for at least 48 hours from today.

And while I took my bottle of Xanax to the hospital with me, I didn't need to use any.  Thank you all for surrounding me with peace, love, and relaxing thoughts.  The only brief panicky feeling I had was when the bone scanner was right near my chest as I think it's the same machine as was used for the sentinel node mapping before my surgery, which was the most painful thing I have ever endured.

One kind of annoying thing about today--I thought I'd get to take my new port-a-cath out for a spin and avoid an IV.  No such luck...  So I still don't know how well it'll work, and I have a big red mark in my elbow crook from the IV.  :(

I am cautiously optimistic about the results.  The bone scan tech was commenting on the arthritis in my knees, and when the radiologist looked at the images, he didn't request any additional pictures, so I think that's good!  Furthermore, the CT scan tech was Greg's childhood babysitter, so that has to count for something in the luck department.

~~~~~

Since November 25th, I have had 18 medical appointments related to my diagnosis.  I dare say that when this whole thing is done in about a year, I may have more days with an appointment than without.  Once again, it's important to trust (and I'd say to like) your treatment team as you spend an awful lot of time with them.  I scored well in that department.

No comments:

Post a Comment