Sunday, January 18, 2015

Happy birthday to me!

Today I turned 45 years old.  I had long ago wondered how this birthday would "hit" me, as I was surprised that both turning 30 and turning 40 were relatively nothing birthdays, but for some reason 35 was tough.  

I can say that, at least on the actual anniversary of my day, 45 was another "nothing."  The rest of the year may prove different, but so far, so good.  :)




And I appreciate so many people hoping for a Packers' win for my birthday, or telling me how sorry they are that the Packers didn't pull off a win for my birthday.  However, I am not, have never been, and don't think I ever will be a Packers fan, so that didn't ruin my day!  I didn't necessarily WANT the Packers to lose, and I do have a lot of people who are important to me who are now pretty sad, but I can say that I enjoy watching the Super Bowl more when the outcome doesn't really matter to those I'm watching it with.  So in that sense, I'm happy with today's outcome.


All in all, it was another low key day with a walk outside, some knitting (turned the heel!), a family game of Rummikub, and Rice Krispie treats for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment