Thursday, January 22, 2015

Two weeks

My survivor friend Dawn sent me a care package right before surgery and in it was a note that said "two weeks and then it's all uphill!"  Over the last two weeks, I've kept that in mind, realizing that I could not expect things to be easy for the first two weeks.  Today's the two week mark, so now I expect to wake up tomorrow morning 100% healed!   ;)

Honestly, though, I do feel so much better.  Nowhere near 100% yet--waiting till I can lift my arms over my head and sleep on my side, and drive a car.

Today I went to the daytime knitting group and between yesterday and today, got a nice start on my recovery cardigan.  I have been mainly knitting socks (sock weight yarn; size 1 needles) for the last 5 years.  This (bulky weight yarn and size 13 needles) has been so different and so fun!


I went for a walk in the sun along Silver Spring Drive, popping into some of the shops that I seldom visit.

I took my last (4x a day for 14 days) antibiotic.  So long, stinky sulfa drug!

I went to the Zilber Winter "Work Party" tonight (kinda snuck in there as I still got one paycheck in January and so was still on payroll when the invitation went out... tee hee!) and it was so nice to be back in the building/school that I love and to see so many people who have been a big part of my life the last 5+ years.  The last time I was at Zilber, I had not gone public with my diagnosis and it made my departure extra bittersweet.  This was a good trip back and it reminded me that I'm still part of ZSPH, even though I've graduated.  Besides that, it was nice to dress up and wear makeup for the first time in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment