Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Two quick things: genetic tests and new surgery time

This afternoon I got the results from the remaining 12 genes in the genetic testing panel (specifics here), and I tested negative for all 17 genes known to be linked to breast cancer.  What that means for me is that I don't necessarily need to be so closely screened for additional cancers.  What that means for my children is that they, too, don't have any additional known risk of developing breast or many other cancers.  The flip side is that we still don't know what caused my cancer, but given that only 10% of breast cancers are genetic in origin, that's not much of a surprise.


~~~


The other change is that my surgery was moved up an hour.  It is now scheduled to begin at 1:00 pm.  If all goes well, I'll be in recovery between 7:00 and 8:00 and Greg will be able to see me an hour or so after that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates Lori. That's great news on the genetic testing front! Will be looking for updates from Greg tomorrow evening.

    ReplyDelete